Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Pink Lemonade Recipe


When I need a refreshing drink I usually like to make it myself. I have been in soft drink territory before on this blog with the Sunny Morning Cocktail, but this recipe here is a bit different, even though both feature pomegranate syrup. It's still somewhat sharp from the lemons, even though the pomegranate syrup (we buy it already made, you can use pomegranate juice in stead), gives enough sweetness. I like this version since it doesn't add any extra sugar or artificial flavor.

Pink Lemonade Recipe


Ingredients

- 250 ml (1 cup) lemon juice, organic preferably
- 250 ml (1 cup) pomegranate syrup
- 1,5 liter (6 cups) water
- Mint leaves
- Lemon slices for decoration



Method


1. Place all the lemon juice and syrup in a big pitcher and add the water. 
2. Place the lemon slices and mint leaves inside (I like to keep the sprigs of the mint as well).
3. Store in the fridge until chilled (I don't add ice into the pitcher so that it won't dilute the lemonade).
4. Serve over ice if desired.



11 comments:

  1. It sounds good and looks pretty too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was delicious. We drank it all over lunch :)

      Delete
  2. sounds really good, interesting with the pom syrup!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really works well with the sharp lemon juice.

      Delete
  3. How dumb of me as I never knew what made pink lemonade pink! Thanks for the recipe!
    http://travelingbugwiththreeboys-kelleyn.blogspot.com/2015/12/traditions-corner-view.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummy to drink and Yummy to see in your photos. so beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum - I love fresh lemonade!
    Thanks for sharing at http://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2015/12/beautiful-saint-maarten.html.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do hope you'll forgive my imagining it with rum.... Seriously, I'd love to try your recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Schaut sehr geil aus und ist bstimmt sehr lecker.
    Liebe Grüße

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, yes!! I have to try this one, too!! Thanks again, Mersad, my holiday is tasting better already!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds really good! Looks good, too. :)

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe

Image Credits

All Rights are Reserved. The images may not be reproduced, copied, transmitted or manipulated without the written permission of the author.