Monday, November 23, 2015

Stormy Days of November [Through My Lens Nr. 17]

While the start of November had been warm and freakishly sunny, this past weekend the weather started to turn, and a more appropriate seasonal display reared its head. Autumn is almost gone, rains and winds from the north are ruling the lands. It's at this time where the comfort of the home is so important. But I also like to go out as much as I can and take in the seasonal change. It won't be long until festive lights and decorations hang inside my home, but until then I want to revel in the beauty of the dark side.

There is no stopping play time, when it comes to Beni. As I was stepping out onto the balcony to take the mountain image above he was on the bed behind me in a playful position, ready to cause trouble. From the balcony I also took a shot of my house. We moved everything to the side (including the grill which we still used last week), so that it would be shielded from the rain. We also had winds that moved everything around.






Playing aside, there is another way of heating up: baking. I got the new cookbook from Nigella Lawson called "Simply Nigella" as well as a old favorite, which I didn't own before: "The Barefoot Contessa Cookbook". Both are very inspirational. I made lemon bars today, and snapped some shots while the bars were cooling. Of course I had to cut a piece, even though they weren't firm enough to be cut into. You can find the recipe here. Baking these got me reminiscing about my Simple Cut-Out Sugar Cookies I made last Holiday Season. I can't wait to get the tree up and decorate, especially when the ones in our garden start to wither away.





Now I want to see what you have been up to in these cold and stormy days. Link down below and share with the rest of us!

What "Through my lens" is about

This meme is about sharing your favorite blog post with the rest of us. The themes are open, there is only one rule: the images have to be taken by you.
I want to see your photography!


How this Photo meme Works

1. Share your favorite post under the linkup button below and follow the instructions there
2. Only share the url of your post, not the url of your main page
3. In your post link back to this post of "Through my lens" and visit others!




Please spread the word and help me grow the meme.
Use the image below if you like for sharing

Or simply copy/paste this code in your post

26 comments:

  1. A sweet little dog - so cute!
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thatt is a gorgeous mountain that you can see from your place. Now Beni's face is saying " are you not coming in to play with me?" He is adorable. you are a marvellous baker and tht pie looks yummy. One of my word for SHS for next week is baking and I do not bake so i am going to have to be creative!!! Hope you look at my entry this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These lemon bars look yummy. I think I will have a go and making them as my lemon tree is loaded. I enjoyed my look into your world. Summer is coming on fast and hot here. Thank you for the link up and have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've just included a link from last week's Wordless Wednesday (on Tuesday) linkup, which has now closed, but the new one will be open in just a few hours - I hope to see you there. Your photos are always top-notch. And your pup is adorable!
    We're about to celebrate Thanksgiving here in the U.S. I hope you find much to be thankful for where you are... if nothing else, a warm fire!
    http://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2015/11/sunset-on-bay.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my, but your lemon bars look wonderful. I am personally a fan of lemon, lemon cello, lemon curd, lemon meringue pie and LEMON bars!! How grand! Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Na, wurde doch auch Zeit, dass es etwas kälter wird. Nächstes Wochenende beginnt die Adventszeit - wer will da noch mehr als 20°C und Sonnenschein haben???

    --> Ich!!! ;-)

    Gruß aus Deutschland,

    Uwe.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We've also had a turn in the weather here in the Greek Peloponnese; incredibly sunny warm autumn has turned dark as you say with rain, clouds and wind making us realize winter isn't far behind.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your blog - and the recipes look great. Photos are such a pleasure to look at and reminders of good Autumn memories.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mersad you have a wonderful view from your house! Ben looks very cute and playful. Your lemon bars look delicious--I like book cookbooks. Ina Garten's recipes never fail, and Nigella's are fun to make.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful views indeed!! And, of course, I do love to see Beni again!! Such a precious little guy he is!! ! And your lemon bars do look delicious!! Your photos are always a delight way to begin my day!! Thank you so much for sharing!! I do hope all of you have a beautiful new week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful images! Your dog looks very sweet and the lemon bars look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aww....Beni is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aw, so cute! Gorgeous views. I love the golden sun hue on the mountains. Thank you for hosting the party!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beni is so adorable! And I love the view from your balcony, as well as the other shots you took to share the season's change. No California today? I have to scroll down through al your posts and see the trip...I'm dying to see what you did with the Grand Canyon! :-) I love lemon bars! I've never made them, but always love it when others do!

    ReplyDelete
  15. It looks so great where you live.
    an interesting landscape and your home is so beautiful and amazing.
    Especially the little ben is a very sweet dog.I like him, I'd love to hug him ;-)
    Greetings from Germany
    jutta

    ReplyDelete
  16. The lemon bars look delicious! The weather has turned cold here too, Mersad, but I think it's supposed to be warm later in the week. It sure has been a crazy November!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the rain drop.

    ReplyDelete
  18. my top 3 favorites today, Beni on the bed, Beni with head cocked questioning you and the last one i love the sugar jar in the background. you have a fantastic view from your home and so glad the storm did no damage.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beni has killer sweet eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  20. beautiful mountain and such a cute little dog :-)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Mersad, I agree with you about the comforts of home. Nothing like your own home during the cold, winter months. I am a fan of the Barefoot Contessa and own a few of her cookbooks. Your lemon bars look excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  22. oh that beni is just adorable! what great views from your balcony...i really like nigella and those lemon bars look delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Aww, little Beni is so cute! Look at that sweet face!

    ReplyDelete
  24. You definitely have to be creative when the weather pushes you inside. What a cute little playmate you have!

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a wonderful view of a magnificent mountain. Your puppy is cute and the lemon bars are making me hungry! I would love for you to share on my Weekly Linkup http://bit.ly/1MCnh38
    Hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Das Haus wäre genau auch mein Traumhaus. Ich gucke so gerne Bilder davon an bei dir.
    Liebe Grüße

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe

Image Credits

All Rights are Reserved. The images may not be reproduced, copied, transmitted or manipulated without the written permission of the author.