Monday, November 30, 2015

Dark was the Night [Through My Lens Nr. 18]

I have been enjoying these "Through my Lens" posts lately. They offer me a window into current themes, off from the massive USA Road Trip travel series that is currently ongoing on this blog. The travel series has only 4 more posts left, and we will be back to the goodness that is the winter and holiday season. Meanwhile, I get to enjoy your winter posts (and if they happen to include scenes from Christmas Markets, then I will enjoy them even more).


I have been talking a lot about the change in seasons, but over this past week it has become more apparent then ever. I chose to show these moody and dark images of the capital city of Bosnia and Herzegovina, Sarajevo. They show people (but also we with my lens) in search for light and warmth in the dark night.





Cities are changing now. The flickering light of the festive decoration is probably up in most places (here not so much yet), and if that is failing, the lights in our homes will make up for it. I have been decorating my house over the weekend, but I have to put some finishing touches. I hope to show you the finished result soon.





Now I want to see what you have been up to in these dark days. Link down below and share with the rest of us!


What "Through my lens" is about

This meme is about sharing your favorite blog post with the rest of us. The themes are open, there is only one rule: the images have to be taken by you.
I want to see your photography!



How this Photo meme Works

1. Share your favorite post under the linkup button below and follow the instructions there
2. Only share the url of your post, not the url of your main page
3. In your post link back to this post of "Through my lens" and visit others!



Please spread the word and help me grow the meme.
Use the image below if you like for sharing

Or simply copy/paste this code in your post

28 comments:

  1. I particularly like the last 2 shots with their reflectionsin the water Thanks for hosting. O

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry I was going to say, you see I was able to link in before i ha to go for my flight today. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great. Have a safe flight and an enjoyable trip.

      Delete
  3. Great captures of your city at night!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Around my part of the world we have very little 'change' in seasons. Just colder air. Grass, lawns and yards still remain green year 'round, flowers continue to bloom. If it does freeze it only lasts about an hour and then temps warm up quickly.

    Love your night time shots Mersad.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That B&W shot is so great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. But the many lights made the night so inviting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic series of night shots Mersad. I have to get myself into the city at night soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful! I agree with Margaret about the last two.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh these shots are absolutely stunning. What almost shivers I get looking at some of them! The light is always a warming touch in the darkest of places.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the look of the city at night!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely photos! You are so good at capturing night shots.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Now that the days are short, decorative lights are a comfort. Your pictures are always excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ui. Dieses schwarzweiß Bild ist ja auch mal toll. Du solltest mal mehr in schwarz weiß machen! Bei deinen Motiven ist das bestimmt der Knaller! GlG Anne

    ReplyDelete
  14. once again you have presented us with stunning night time lights. that fire is AWESOME, the fire and the photo of it. i love fire.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I loved your street scenes and the city coming alive with the light of the Christmas season. Particularly the flame burning, like a beacon of remembrance and hope. Have a wonderful week and thank you again for the link up.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Loving those night shots, Mersad! Thanks for hosting and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your night shots!! This is one of my favourite genres of photography. I haven't done it enough this year!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Simply amazing, I admire your photo art !
    Greetings from Germany

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, these are amazing. Really impressive shots.

    ReplyDelete
  20. These are awesome images!

    ReplyDelete
  21. You captured such beautiful lighting in these photos!! Wishing you a grand week!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Is being a wedding photographer a good or bad career?
    Tony Lendrum Photoshoot with Matt Manning

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Mersad, i had been busy since last week and late in linking, that means i will not get readers for my post which i thought will be good to show and entice them also to visit NZ. hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Mersad, i had been busy since last week and late in linking, that means i will not get readers for my post which i thought will be good to show and entice them also to visit NZ. hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wonderful night photos, Mersad! I wasn't able to participate this past week, but now I am back. Going now to look at the travel photos I missed while I was gone!

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe

Image Credits

All Rights are Reserved. The images may not be reproduced, copied, transmitted or manipulated without the written permission of the author.